Reflecting on the Challenges…

For the last challenge in the student blogging challenge we have to reflect on all of the challenges this year. For this part of  CHALLENGE

My reflecting is a little different than this kind of reflecting

10 we have to answer the reflecting questions they gave us so here I go!

• Did you visit the actual challenge on the blog each week or did your teacher have a post on your class blog?

I did both because my teacher would post which activities he would like us to do and then I would go to the challenge blog to get more information about those activities.

• Which challenges were the most useful?

I found that the challenges that got us to connect with other bloggers around the world were the most useful, along with the informational challenges that helped us make our blogs better. 

• Which challenges were the most interesting?

One of the challenges that I thought was really interesting was challenge 6 when we had to write about a world issue. I thought that this was interesting because we got to write about something that we feel strongly about and I got to learn about many world issues that I didn’t know very much about by reading other people’s posts. 

• What would be some other topics you would like included in future challenges?

I think that they have already done a great job of including all of the important topics in these challenges.

• Are more tutorial type challenges needed? eg how to make a link in your post

I think that these posts are needed especially for first year bloggers and people who are blogging by them selves instead of blogging with their class because these people may not know how to do some of these things. But for experienced bloggers they are also great because they are a great refresher. 

• Were the ‘Visit these’ posts useful?

Yes the ‘Visit These’ posts were useful because it gave all of us in the challenge an idea of what the leaders were looking for in our posts and gave us examples of great posts.

• Were the challenges where you had to embed ie polls, cartoons, wallwisher etc interesting or could you not embed due to being a free Edublogs blog or a blogging platform that didn’t allow embedding?

I thought that these challenges were interesting because it allowed us to do something other than just writing in our posts which makes our blogs much more appealing to viewers. 

• Were there enough chances to visit blogs from overseas and make links with other students/classes?

I think that there were enough chances to visit other blogs from overseas because that was part of almost every challenge.

• Did you make global connections?

I didn’t make as many global connections this year as last year but I think that was because I had made many last year so I didn’t really need to make as many this year.

reflecting image: FlickrCC